Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Bayer, James A. S.
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
James A. S. Bayer (1878-1928) worked for Gauvin, Gentzel & Company, photographers, in 1904. By 1909 he had established his own photography business at 127 Grafton Street and employed a young Oliver Craswell. By 1924-1925 Bayer had moved his business to 163 Great George Street and Oliver Cleveland Craswell (1892-1966) had set up shop on the same street at #137. Following Bayer's death in 1928 the business continued to operate under the name of The Bayers Studio but was run by W.A. and W.F. Flett. The Craswell Portrait Studio continued operation into the early 1960s.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Rules and/or conventions used
RAD 22.1B; 22.12
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
7 June 1999. Entered into AtoM 26 November 2014. Slight revisions 26 November 2014.
Archival reference sources