Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Bonnie Brae Inn
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Bonnie Brae Inn operated at 67 (formerly 64) Central Street, Summerside from 1947 until 1952. The large two and a half storey building, which had previously accommodated travellers as the Mawley House, was constructed in 1907 by J. M. Clark for Jane and Caroline Mawley after their first hotel burned in the 1906 Summerside fire. The proprietor of the Bonnie Brae Inn in the 1950 PEI Directory was listed as Lloyd Anderson. It was advertised as having running water in every room and a dining room that stayed open until 11 p.m. Guests from as far away as British Columbia, Florida, and England stayed for rates varying from two to four dollars a night.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
23 March 2007. Copied from PEIAIN 29 April 2015.