Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Dock Women's Institute
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Dock Women's Institute in Alberton, Prince Edward Island was originally organized in January 1935 as a Community Club. In 1950, Miss Mary Robin officially organized the group into a Women's Institute. The Institute focused its energies on the local school as well as visiting the sick in the community. The Institute also supported the war effort, Red Cross, Cancer Society, March of Dimes, and rural beautification initiatives in the community.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
19 June 2002. Copied from PEIAIN 8 July 2015.