Forme autorisée du nom
Forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
The Charlottetown Board of Trade was established in Prince Edward Island in April 1887, under chapter thirteen of the Revised Statutes of Canada, an Act respecting the Incorporated Boards of Trade, making the Charlottetown Board a member of the International Congress of Canadian and American Boards of Trade. Mr. Lewis Carvell was appointed the first President and one-hundred and thirteen individuals signed initial certificates of association. The Board's objective was to promote the trade and commerce of Canada and that of the city of Charlottetown and the province of PEI in particular.
The Old Charlottetown Business and Property Owners Association was established under the "Companies Act" of the province of PEI on 4 July 1974, with George Scantlebury elected first president. Its mandate was to promote the cultural, business, and social aspects of the old Charlottetown area.
The Charlottetown Board of Trade and the Old Charlottetown Business Property Owners Association amalgamated to form the Greater Charlottetown Chamber of Commerce.