Forme autorisée du nom
Orwell Head United Church
Forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
The Orwell Head Church of Scotland was built in 1829 by Rev. Donald MacDonald. It was replaced in 1864 by a new and larger structure. On 7 July 1887, the congregation was received into the Presbyterian Church in Canada. Within a year the Orwell section of the Belfast congregation united with Orwell Head to form one parish. Parishioners came from the communities of Orwell, Dundee, Uigg, Cherry Valley, Valleyfield, Pownal, Lyndale, Earnscliffe, Vernon River, Fairfield, Kinross, etc. In 1925 the Orwell Head parish became part of the United Church of Canada. Orwell Head remined a separate circuit until 1968 when it joined with Orwell, Vernon River, Cherry Valley, Millview and Pownal to become part of the Vernon River United pastoral charge.