Parish of Milton and Rustico

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Parish of Milton and Rustico

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


The Anglican Parish of Milton and Rustico in Prince Edward Island is comprised of St. John's Anglican Church in Milton and St. Mark's Anglican Church in Rustico. Together they include Anglican commuicants from Princetown Road, Rustico, Milton, Lot 32, Fredericton, New Bungay and North River. Early services in Milton were held in the home of David Hooper by clergymen from Charlottetown Rev. L.C. Jenkins and Rev. Theophilus DesBrisay. The first incumbent of the separate parish was Rev. Charles Lloyd whe served the parish from 1837-1855. During his tenure churches were built at Milton (1841) and at Rustico. The latter church, St. Mark's was repaired in 1890 and rebuilt in 1912. The current church at Milton was built in 1898/99.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes