Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Prince Edward Island Fishermen's Union. Station Four
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
A meeting of the fishermen in the communities of Mt. Buchanan, Belle River, Flat River, and Point Prim, Prince Edward Island was held in the Mt. Buchanan school on the 18 August 1836, where a presentation on the PEI Fishermen's Union was given. That night it was decided to form a union of fishermen in the area that would fall within the provincial PEI Fishermen's Union. On the 16 February 1937, fifteen fishermen from Flat River and surrounding areas appeared before Angus McLean, Justice of the Peace for Queen's County, with the desire to form "Station Four" within the PEI Fishermen's Union. Incorporated on the 24 June 1938, the mandate of Station Four was to assist in the protection and conservation of the fisheries, to procure information as to the best methods of curing and preparing fish for markets, to take united action upon matters arising in respect to the welfare of the fishermen and the regulations pertaining to the fisheries and to make representation and furnish information to the proper authorities upon all matters of interest to fishermen.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
18 October 2001. Entered into AtoM 15 September 2016.