Type of entity
Authorized form of name
St. Margaret's Roman Catholic Church
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
St. Margaret’s Church is located in St. Margaret's, Lot 44, Prince Edward Island. St. Margaret's became an official parish sometime between 1772 and 1780. The first church was a log structure built by the shore around 1803. It was located about three quarters of a mile north of where the present church is situated. Forty families from the mission helped build the church. The parish grew quickly and a new wooden church was soon built. In 1837 the church was expanded. Destroyed by fire in 1921, the church was re-built in the same place in 1926. The interior was not finished until 1948. The mission was served by several priests in its early years, including Bishop McEachern who served St. Margaret's until 1835. St. Margaret's is one of the older English-speaking parishes in the Diocese, although many of the early Scottish parishioners spoke Gaelic into the 1860s.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
24 August 2009. Entered into AtoM 26 September 2016.