This year, ACPEI is celebrating Heritage Week with a series of exhibits based on the national Heritage Week theme, My Canada! (#mycanadais). Five of our member institutions have created displays that will be available during the week of February 20, 2017. Two Heritage Award ceremonies are also scheduled to take place during Heritage Week. A list of exhibits and events is available below.
- Acadian Museum, display exhibit, "Dansez: Acadian Dance Traditions on Prince Edward Island, Past and Present"
Location: Acadian Museum, 23 Main Dr E., Miscouche
Available: Until May 1, Monday-Friday, 9:30am-5:00pm, and Sunday afternoons, 1:00pm-4:00pm
Admission: Admission is free until May 1 but donations are appreciated
- City of Charlottetown Heritage Office, pop-up gallery, “National Treasures: Charlottetown’s National Historic Sites"
Location: City of Charlottetown Planning and Heritage Department storefront windows, 233 Queen Street, Charlottetown
Available: February 21-28; Official launch on February 21 at City of Charlottetown Heritage Awards Ceremony
- Community Museums Association, display exhibit, “My Canada, Island Museums”
Location: Community Museums Association of PEI Head Office, Sherwood Business Centre, 161 St. Peter’s Road, Unit 42, Charlottetown
Available: Month of February, Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Public Archives and Records Office, photograph exhibit, “Images of Historic Province House”
Location: Public Archives and Records Office, Hon. George Coles Building, 4th floor
Available: Starting February 21, Tuesday to Friday, 10:00am-5:00pm, and Thursday evening 6:30pm-9:00pm. Also available as a digital display at select Public Library Service sites across the Island until the end of February
- Robertson Library, University of Prince Edward Island, display exhibit, "Celebrating Winter! The Origins of Winter Carnival on PEI Campuses"
Location: UPEI Library (Main Lobby), 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown
Available: Month of February and March, during Library hours.
- City of Charlottetown Heritage Awards
Location: Charlottetown City Hall, 2nd floor
Date and Time: February 21, 12:00pm
- PEI Museum Annual Heritage Awards Ceremonies
Location: Carriage House, Beaconsfield, 2 Kent Street, Charlottetown
Date and Time: Tuesday, February 21, 7:00pm