Skip to Main Content

Archives Council of Prince Edward Island

print small medium large 

HOME /


Display results for Fonds Acc3373

Displaying detail for fonds Acc3373

Identifier

    Acc3373

Name of Repository


Title/Stmnt of Responsibility

    St. Peter's Cathedral fonds

Dates of Creation

    1944, 1961, Microfilmed 1982

Physical Description

    1 reel 35 mm. microfilm
    .005 m. of textual records

Administrative History

    St. Peter's Cathedral was founded in an area known as the Bog in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, in 1869 as a result of the Oxford or Tractarian Movement within the Anglican Church. The first incumbent priest was the Reverend George Hodgson. In 1872, St. Peter's School for boys was opened to address the gap between elementary school and university. A school for girls was opened three years later. Attached to the Cathedral is All Soul's Chapel which was designed by William Critchlow Harris and which houses several paintings by Robert Harris.

Custodial History

    (No custodial history available)

Scope and Content

    This fonds consists of a reel of microfilm containing records of baptisms, marriages, burials, confirmations, and communicants for St. Peter's Cathedral spanning the years 1869-1982 as well as a letter book, a register of marks from the 'Boys' School', and a register of pupils with biographical notes. Also included are several textual items documenting the history of St. Peter's and All Souls' Chapel.

Restrictions on Access

    NO RESTRICTIONS ON ACCESS

Access Points

Provenance:


Other Author:

    (No Other Author access points found)

Subjects:


Online Exhibit Link

    (No online exhibit links available)

Finding Aids



<< Back

back to top